LEST WE FORGET Call for Art Contest
LEST WE FORGET
Call for Art Contest
In 1864, the bitter war that took place between the Russian forces and the Circassian people in the Caucasus ended..
A war that lasted for more than a hundred years between one of the most powerful empires at that time, and a small people who bravely defended the land of their ancestors..
This long war ended with a great tragedy, as a result of which 90% of the Circassians were forced to displace and their land on which they lived thousands of years was taken away..
Horrific stories passed on by generations about the extent of suffering and pain during the forced displacement..
Many have died.. We have lost our land.. We are now scattered across the world and suffering from a crisis of identity that is disappearing day by day..
Lest We Forget all of this..
The Circassian Organization for Repatriation (CRO) launches an Art Contest to feature the tragedy of Circassian genocide and forced displacement in art, as art has a significant role that serves and expresses the Circassian causes and issues.
The winning artworks will be selected by a Jury of professional Circassian artists and the results will be announced on the Circassian Mourning Day, May 21, 2023.
The deadline for submitting artworks is May 1st, 2023.
- 1st Prize $ 1000
- 2nd Prize $ 500
Terms and Conditions
- The contest is intended for individuals and open to all ages.
- A participant can submit two artworks at most.
- The participant shall fill the Application of Participation through the Link.
- The participant shall submit a Resume of not more than 100 words.
- Artwork shall bear the artist’s name, signature, and date.
- The participant shall not post the artwork before the contest ends.
- The winning artworks are owned by the CRO.
- The CRO maintains the intellectual property rights for the winning artworks, and the CRO has the right to, fully or partially, dispose of them in the form it deems appropriate, now or in the future. It is not permissible to retrieve these artworks or demand compensation for any reason whatsoever.
- The CRO reserves the right not to select winners in the event that the CRO considers submitted artworks are not suitable.
- Artworks are submitted via the CRO email: email@example.com
❇️ Size: 36×48 inches (91.4×121.9) cm
❇️ The artist is free to choose the painting/drawing type and style.
❇️ The artist is free to choose the painting/drawing technique.
❇️ The artist is free to use any type of material (canvas, paper, wood, etc.).
❇️ Artwork is to be pictured without frame and submitted in high-resolution as JPG file.
✨ Artwork expresses the tragedy of Circassian genocide and forced displacement.
✨ Artwork is original and is not copied from other artworks.
✨ Artwork is recent and not shown in any art gallery or on the Internet.
✨ Artwork does not contain informational or promotional materials for any party.
For any inquiries, please contact us via our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the CRO’s social media pages.